Saturday, November 29, 2008

Not Snowboarding

Image from snowjapan.com

Well, the plan for today was to go snowboarding. There's a small resort a few hours away from me and I thought I'd pop up for the day to test my boarding legs. After all, they've been out of action for two seasons, and they weren't that great to begin with.

I dutifully set the alarm clock for 5am, intending to get the first train out of my town, then another train to local Big City, then a bus. I woke up at 9am. Then again at 2pm. Good god. I minced around the house for a bit, then dried some clothes and bought some food for dinner, but was so hungry I ate a bun outside the laundromat. That curbed my desire for dinner so when I got home I lay down to read a book for a bit and BAM! Asleep again.

It's now 11pm. DAMN!!! All week I invent exciting plans for the weekend, and then when the weekend comes I spend it all bloody asleep. No idea where this mystery exhaustion is coming from.

I'm going to try to go tomorrow but in the meantime, here's a photo of some Japanese snowboarders, all fashiony and such. Check out the cow suit! Enjoy!

Image by glemak

No comments:

Post a Comment